Medicare Advantage plan is a health care plan that started in 1995 to cater for the health of The United States citizens if they fall under some categories. Categories include;
- Being diagnosed with an End-Stage renal disease or kidney failure
- Being 65 years of age and have worked for the system.
- Being young and with disability.
Medicare advantage plan offers a lot of advantages that other plans don’t offer. It is similar to a private insurance; therefore it is run like one. There are also a lot of options under this one that anyone eligible can opt for.
Reasons to choose this one
This plan offers flexibility and a whole lot other benefits you do not enjoy under other plans. You can shop for Medicare Advantage plans for 2019 at www.Medicareadvantageplans2019.com. In fact, it covers all other plans plus additional benefits. It also offers some special services, but these services have to be paid for by the patient. Below are more benefits you’ll enjoy joining this plan:
- Lower premiums: there is a lower cost in monthly premium than there is in Medicare Supplement. These fees vary according to the location. Some plans charge as low as $25 or $30. Some even charge as low as nothing.
- Drug coverage: most plans offer drug coverage. Medicare prescription drug coverage is built into most plans; you just have to choose an option that has this included.
- Out-of-pocket limit: mostly, a plan offer additional benefits when you run out of money. It covers all the health care provided in this period.
- It has many options from which you can choose from: This plan offers options such as Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), Preferred Providers Organization (PPO), Point of Service (POS), Private Fee-for-Service (PFS) and Special Needs Plan (SNP). PPO and PFS offer you the freedom to go outside a specific network of health providers. HMO & POS are similar to one another except that HMO restricts you to a specified health care providers’ network, while POS allows for consultation for certain services outside. The only exception in HMO is when there is an emergency or an urgent situation. SNP offers coordination of care, medical appointments transportation fees, money for everyday health items and many more.
- This one is also able to offer coverage for emergency situations outside United States.
- There is also reduction in 20% co-pays and the high rate of insurance charged by other health care plans.